If you’re looking for the Apostle’s Creed, I’m sorry my friends. You’ve come to the wrong place.
For kicks and giggles (more giggles than kicks; they’re more fun), I’ve decided to create a living document of what I believe. The main purpose of this is to allow trolls to take potshots at me and my beliefs. It’s also alerts any saved, born-again believers that the majority of content on this blog is heresy.
For those readers of mine who don’t fall into either of the aforementioned categories, this is an admission of bias. Hopefully it will help you understand my perspectives and the framework from which I am writing. It is a forum for me to flesh out what I believe and how that relates to you or anyone else.
This is a living document, always open to revision and updates. This is what I believe. I make know claims to immutable, infallible truth. This is only the way I see and understand things right now. It’s open for discussion.
- God is the sum of all qualities which we do not understand, the Divine Mystery.
- The Logo is the divine order or algorithm upon which the universe is based.
- All of Creation possesses the image of God.
- All creatures and natural systems are inherently of equal value.
- Actions which recognize and affirm the image of God are righteous.
- Failure to recognize and affirm the image of God is sin.
- Religion is the practice of recognizing the image of God within Creation.
- The Bible is a human reflection on image of God; therefore, the Bible is inspired by God.
- The Bible is true.
- God is not causal (i.e. does not intervene in human history).
- God is not a person, being, character or personality; essentially, God is not a “who.”
- There is no Heaven and no Hell, no angels or demons struck in some cosmic battle.
- The Bible is not factual.